HOW WE OBTAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Gifts That Give may obtain, collect, retain, store or otherwise maintain Your Personal Information from the following sources:
- · Your Gifts That Give Account: This information may include, for example, information You provide to Gifts That Give through Your creation, registration and maintenance of an account on the Website.
- · Purchase of Products or Services: In order for You to purchase certain products and services offered on the Website (individually and collectively, “Products and Services”), We may request that You provide Personal Information, a credit card account number and/or or other payment account information.
- · Your Responses to Communications form Gifts That Give: From time to time, Gifts That Give, with Your consent, may communicate with You through postal mail, email or other forms of electronic communications regarding the Website, Your account, the Products and Services and new Products and Services. If You respond to these communications, Your responses may contain Personal Information.
You can decline to provide Your Personal Information to Gifts That Give by not engaging in the activities described above. If You decline to submit Personal Information, Gifts That Give may not be able to or may choose not to provide to You some or all of its Products and Services.
Gifts That Give also collects non-personally identifiable server-log information relating to its users. This information, may include information such as, but not limited to: (i) Your account activity, including storage usage, number of log-ins, data displayed or selected, including user interface elements, links, etc.; and (ii) Your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of Your request, date and time of access, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify Your browser and referrer Uniform Resource Locator. None of this information enables Gifts That Give to personally identify or contact You.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- · Processing, formatting and displaying customized content on the Website for You;
- · Processing Your transactions made on the Website and delivering purchases made on the Website to You or Your designee;
- · Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve the Website and the Products and Services offered on the Website; and/or
- · Ensuring the technical functioning of the Website, including creating and maintaining back-ups or other archival copies of Personal Information and other related data.
Gifts That Give restricts access to Personal Information to those employees, contractors and agents of Gifts That Give who need to access Personal Information for the purposes specified above. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
HOW GIFTS THAT GIVE USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as otherwise set forth herein, Gifts That Give does not share Your Personal Information with third parties without Your consent, except when We believe that it is reasonably necessary to do so in order to comply with a subpoena or other judicial order or process, as otherwise required by law or in order to enforce Gifts That Give’s User Agreement. In such circumstances, Your Personal Information may also be disclosed to Gifts That Give’s attorneys.
COOKIES PLACED BY GIFTS THAT GIVE
INFORMATION SHARING AND ONWARD TRANSFER
Gifts That Give reserves the right to sell, rent or otherwise share some or all of Your Personal Information with other companies or individuals outside of Gifts That Give if:
- · You have consented to such sale, rental or sharing; and/or
Gifts That Give takes reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of its data, including Personal Information stored or maintained on its servers and other systems. These measures include internal reviews of Gifts That Give’s data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to servers and systems where Gifts That Give stores personal data.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use the Website, Gifts That Give makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information. Where applicable, Gifts That Give asks individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and Gifts That Give may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where Gifts That Give provides information access and correction, Gifts That Give provides this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
If You have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us at:
Gifts That Give
Attn: Legal Deparment
Email address Legaldepartment@giftsthatgive.com
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows users who are California residents to request information about the disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at Legaldepartment@giftsthatgive.com.
Gifts That Give adheres to the US safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework, see the Department of Commerce's web site.
This page was lasted updated on June 21, 2011.